Hillel Milwaukee seeks a Part Time Administrative Assistant to join our team! The Administrative Assistant will manage and oversee the day-to-day data management services and provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Programming staff .
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically embrace the role of Administrative Assistant, taking pride in outstanding execution of all tasks and projects, regardless of size and scope. This role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to develop project management, executive management, generalist experience, and leadership skills in a fast-paced nonprofit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Manage Front Desk/Reception:
- Welcome and assist visitors, including students, prospective students, parents, faculty and staff, and guests.
- Answer phones, query callers and direct them to the appropriate staff person or resource.
- Oversee all facility and equipment-related issues
- Prepare checks
- Ensure recurring bills are paid
- Obtain needed signatures on each check from the Director
- Prepare all bank deposits for checking and money market accounts
- Track all donations through Quickbooks and LGL-donor database
- Track all income
- Input in to Quickbooks
- Copy and file all checks
- Maintain Wufoo account
- Prepare all thank you letters and/or notification cards
- Input all expenses, receivables, liabilities, etc.
- Prepare balance sheets and budget vs. actual reports
- Processes all necessary reports for staff, meetings, etc.
- Reconcile accounts monthly
- General Checking
- Business Credit Card
Cash Flow Management
- Monitor all account balances and cash flow issues
- Maintain petty cash
- Prepare all expense reimbursements
- Track individual employee vacation and absences
- Input payroll data in QuickBooks
- Process necessary paperwork for new hires and former employees
- Forwards appropriate COBRA information to past employees
- Maintain necessary files
- Prepare all necessary mailings and outgoing mail
- Maintains adequate stock and order office supplies, as necessary
- Purchases bulk items and supplies, as necessary
- General office duties may also include filing, copying, organizing
Board and Development
- Prepare materials for all Board of Director and Committee meetings
- Oversee formatting, printing and distributing for all direct mail campaigns including High Holiday, Hanukkah and Passover appeals
- Update/manage LGL- donor database
- Update Executive Director, Development committee, and Board of Directors with incoming gifts and pledges from specific mailings
- Assist, as necessary, at special events
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Hours and Qualifications:
This is a part-time position ranging from 15-20 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Be able to take initiative to accomplish tasks and projects. Computer experience required, preferably in all major Microsoft Office programs, Google, Windows 8, and knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation is DOE
Desired Start Date:
January 25, 2016
Please send resumes to Jobs2016@HIllelmke.org
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references in the same document when applying for this position.